Metung Victoria Accommodation and Holiday Information
Location : 312 km east of Melbourne
For a dose of style in the Gippsland Lakes, make your way to Metung. A great base for water sports enthusiasts. This tiny town has become known for combining laid-back leisure with fine food and wine, so it's no surprise that people flock to this village to experience both.
Things to do in Metung
• Cruise - around some of the 400 square kilometres of the Gippsland Lakes
• Enjoy - a leisurely walk along the waterfront boardwalk to see docked yachts and cruisers
• Fish - for flathead, mulloway and bream in Bancroft Bay, off Shaving Point and local jetties
• Dine - in a harbourside restaurant
• Visit - the local galleries
• Buy - local produce at the Farmers Market on the second Saturday of each month
• Watch - the yacht races and relax at the Metung Yacht Club for a meal
• Play - golf at the stunning course at Kings Cove
• Visit - the shores of Bancroft Bay, where there is a large rock known to the Indigenous population as the Wallung. Part of the Batatuk Cultural Trail, the rock is the subject of a variety of stories that you can discover at the Krowathunkoolong Keeping Place in Bairnsdale.
Directions: Metung is about four hours' drive from Melbourne just near Lakes Entrance, off the Princes Highway from Swan Reach.
Metung Accommodation and Holiday Bookings
You can search and book online all your Metung Accommodation here.