On the Sunshine Coast, the only thing more refreshing than the water is the lifestyle. With its endless beaches, lush rainforests and easy smiles, it’s a place where you will feel like a local from the moment you arrive.
By the beach
Choose your patch of sand from over 100 kilometres of pristine coastline – stretching from Caloundra in the south to Noosa and the rainbow sands of the Cooloola coast in the north – and soak up the warm sunshine and laid-back atmosphere.
- Paddle into the home of longboarding with a surf lesson at Noosa’s Main Beach.
- Hire a boat, kayak or stand-up paddle board and cruise the calm waters of Pumicestone Passage or one of the many lakes and inlets.
- Build sandcastles, eat fish and chips, or just lay back with a book on Mooloolaba Beach.
- Swim, ride and run your way through a triathlon, marathon or fun run with the best views on the coast.
From rolling surf to rolling hills, the Sunshine Coast Hinterland is full of natural beauty, cosy cafes and boutiques waiting to be discovered.
- Be entertained by local artists and stock up on arts and crafts at Eumundi Markets.
- Take in the view from the Glass House Mountains or wander through national parks and trails.
- Pair local cheese and wine in Maleny or treat yourself to high tea and antique shopping in Montville.
Sample the ‘Sunny Coast’
With award-winning restaurants, food trails, vibrant food festivals and bustling farmers markets, the Sunshine Coast is one giant celebration of food and wine.
- Tick off your foodie bucket list with beachfront and rainforest restaurants worth travelling for.
- Sample just-picked strawberries and fresh-caught seafood at an outdoor farmer’s market.
- Create your own cuisine at one of the many cooking schools.